© McAteer Photograph
Originally built in 1897, the McEwan Hall is one of the jewels in the crown of the University of Edinburgh’s vast property estate. It was gifted to the university by, MP and brewer, Sir William McEwan and is their principal venue for graduation ceremonies.
The Victorian Hall is graced with magnificent architecture in the Italian Renaissance style and can now embrace its original, wider purpose as one of Edinburgh’s most spectacular venues.
Working in this Grade-A listed building, under the watchful eye of Historic Scotland, was a real privilege and, needless to say, a major achievement. Arthur McKay’s experienced project team successfully met the university’s handover deadline, fully commissioning the building services in time for the first batch of graduation ceremonies.
Alongside the services installation, the project also involved the creation of a new glazed entrance pavilion and the basement level of the building was completely renovated to create additional conference and event space for the university.
For more details on this major M&E refurbishment project, please see the Case Study.
Share with your followers