Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Trainee Mechanical Project Engineer to join our passionate and driven team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis!
Data Cabling Installation Engineer
Would you like to join a leading Building Services company with a reputation for excellence?
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Data Cabling Installation Engineer to join our passionate and driven team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis! This role will involve the Installation of Fibre, Voice and Data cabling within Commercial, Finance/Banking, Government, Education, Healthcare & Listed Buildings.
Duties will include
- The applicant must be competent in the structured cabling installation of Cat5E UTP/STP, Cat6 UTP/STP & Cat6A UTP/STP within the above premises. Terminate and test cables within patch panels and data outlets. Have the competence in tracing and fault finding data cables within premises using Fluke Link Runner. Ability to test data cabling using Fluke DSX data tester.
- The applicant must be competent in the fibre cabling installation of multimode and single-mode fibre cables within the above premises Ability to terminate fibre cables within fibre panels/fibre boxes using Fibre Splicer or Hot Cured/Crimp terminations. Have the competence in tracing and fault finding fibre within premises using OTDR.Ability to test fibre cabling using Fluke DSX Multimode/Singlemode tester.
- The applicant must be competent in the voice cabling installation of multimode voice cabling within the above premises. Have the competence in tracing and fault-finding voice cables within premises. Ability to test voice cabling using Fluke DSX data tester.
- The applicant must be competent in the installation of floor mounted and wall mounted data cabinets/racks within comms rooms.
- The applicant must be competent in the installation of cable tray, basket tray, PVC and metal trunking, PVC and metal conduit and cable matting within the above premises.
- Patching out data cabinets as per client’s spreadsheets. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word would be an advantage as working with the laptop.
- Ability in the structured cabling systems of Commscope, Brand-Rex, Excel, Panduit, Nexans & Connectix cabling products.
- CNIT or City & Guilds & Guilds communication Cabling or NVQ telecommunication certification will be required.
The successful candidate
- Customer focussed individual with a proactive approach to working.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team.
- Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand the contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations.
- ECS Grade Card
- Provide appropriate and correct site information.
- Ability to successfully complete tasks within given timescales of the project.
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to the project manager.
- Full clean driving licence
• Learning and development opportunities.
• Company Van & Fuel Card.
• Paid Annual Leave.
• Supportive working culture and future progression opportunities.
• Mobile, legal, bicycle, breakdown and retail discounts.
• Eye test and glasses reimbursement.
• Cycle 2 work scheme.
How to apply?
If you are interested to join a business that encourages professional development, career progression and entrepreneurial spirit, then please click apply and we will be in touch soon!
*** STRICTLY NO AGENCIES ***
Atalian Servest is an equal opportunities employer that relies on diversity and equality to achieve our goals. We actively encourage applications from talented and qualified individuals regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Service Administrator to join our passionate and driven team in Stockport on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest is currently recruiting for a Leadership Personal Assistant to join our passionate and driven team in the AMK Edinburgh office on a permanent basis!
Atalian Servest AMK is currently recruiting for Pipefitters to join our team in Nottingham within our Projects Building Services division.
Search for a career
Complete the form or view all vacancies.